Hinchman Acres Resort Mio Michigan Canoe Livery Lodging AuSable River resort offering canoe, kayak, raft and tube rental, hunting and fishing.
Hinchman, Henchman, Hinchman Acres, Hinchman Acres Resort, Hinchman Acres Canoeing, AuSable River Canoe Rental, Mio Canoe Rental, Canoe, kayaks,
tubes, canoeing, raft, rafting, Mio Michigan, AuSable River, Au Sable, Asable, birding, bird watching, Kirtland's Warbler, bald eagle,
hiking, bicycle trails, mountain biking, bicycling, pan fishing, trout fishing, trout pond, fish, morel mushrooms, lodging, lodgings, cottage, cottages, Boy Scouts,
Girl Scouts, church groups, family groups, family reunions, hunting, hunters, deer hunting, turkey hunting,
Grayling, Smith Bridge, McMasters Bridge, Parmalee Bridge, Mio Dam, Comins Flats, McKinley Bridge, Alcona Dam, Glennie, Loud Dam, Five Channel's Dam, Lumberman's Monument,
Cooke Dam, Oscoda, golf, golfing, golf courses, horseback riding, tennis, M72, M33, Rose City, Crawford County, Oscoda County, Alcona County, Roscommon County, Ogemaw County.
OUR 80TH YEAR!!
'We are more than a name - we are a tradition... pleasing people since 1933' Our many repeat customers of 1st, 2nd, & 3rd generations make new memories and savor old as they return year after year for fun and relaxation in the sun.
In 1932 Chapin & Lera Hinchman purchased a tract of land and built several cottages to rent to fishermen and hunters. Hinchman also engineered the making of the two small lakes on the premises - first the one in the back of the resort and in the 1950's - the lake in the front. The lakes are spring-fed and total approximately 5 acres. The first lake has a safe swimming area with sandy beach and comfortable beach and lounge chairs. The resort sits on 17 wooded acres and is adjacent to the Huron National Forest and borders the famous scenic AuSable River.
The first lake is stocked with rainbow trout (10 - 12 ") pay for what you catch - 40 cents an inch. Trout fishing is best in spring, early summer and fall. The second lake is stocked with bass, blue gill and perch. Originally this lake was free fishing for children only - now adults can also fish in this lake. Catch and release.
Hinchmans built a total of 20 cottages. In 1965 the resort was purchased by Ed & Doris Holloway.
In 1971 it was purchased by Sam & Natalie Giardina - who in the past 41 years have made many changes to ensure quality accommodations for our repeat customers - many 2nd and third generations. The resort now has 9 cottages.
In 1946 Hinchman started the canoe livery with 5 canoes. Today Hinchman Canoe Livery
(one of the largest in the state) continues to give quality canoeing on the famous AuSable River. The rentals now include Family Rafts, Kayaks and Tubes.
Vacation destination for going on 80 years
New Owners - Same Great Service
Now the torch is being passed to Ken & Diane Senske and their children, Lance & Erika. Here at Hinchman we are proud of pleasing people for the past 82 years and our service "in a class of its own" will continue. The new cottage office will be in the Game Room.
The resort is a historic landmark. Extensive renovations have been made over the years and the vacation tradition continues. Hinchman has been a vacation destination for over 80 years. Whether you come for the many activities we offer or just some
peace, quiet and downtime, you will find much tradition in the spirit of uncomplicated times - with 19th century charms and 21st century comforts.
Comments from our Guests --
- Clean - warm - great time! Very comfortable and cozy - love the fireplace. Nice wood supply.
- You have the nicest, cleanest cottages - enjoyed our stay very much. Recommend to anyone.
- Love the cleanliness, game room, campfires and beautiful grounds - see you next year
- Good place to bring children. Will definitely be back.
- Nice vacation - a lot for the kids to do. Lovely setting and great staff.
- Liked the canoe trip and atmosphere. Many things to do at your resort.
- Everything was wonderful - one of the only places that has plenty of things to see and do for both kids and parents. It is nice that there are places like this - don't change.
- Enjoyable and friendly - loved the fishing - wonderful hiking trails.
- I felt that everyone was very friendly and the whole atmosphere was warm. I plan to come back often - you made us feel at home. All the personal touches are much appreciated, God bless you.
- It is so good here we would not stay anywhere else - we come back year after year.
- Clean - cozy - well equipped cottages. Well kept grounds and flower beds - good supervision
- We loved everything - especially the wildlife and kind and good service.
- We love everything and we don't want to leave. See you next year!